Ticket Check – Automate Positive Response (APR)
To check the status of your New York 811 location request ticket (APR), visit managetickets.com to view/print tickets and Ticket Check® statuses or call 1-877-811-7701, both are available 24hrs a day.
On June 1, 2012 all New York 811 members will be required by law to respond to all tickets/mark outs through the Automated Positive Response System also known as Ticket Check (APR). Ticket Check (APR) was established by New York 811 to create a single point of contact between member facility operators and excavators for the purpose of communicating the status of an excavation location request/markout as provided by the member operators.
Ticket Check® will recognize state holidays and will not calculate Saturday and Sunday as working days. New York 811 working days are Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
As an excavator, you can contact Ticket Check® by calling a special toll-free number, 1-877-811-7701. A voice will prompt you through the steps to retrieve statuses on your tickets/mark outs. You may also use Search & Status® by going to managetickets.com to view/print tickets and their Ticket Check® statuses.
For further information on how to utilize this system, contact New York 811 Member Support at 1-800-524-7603 or [email protected]. You are also welcome to attend our monthly New York 811 damage prevention meetings where this topic will be, and has been, discussed in depth. Please visit newyork-811.com for meeting times/locations.
Locator’s status codes:
Code 1: Clear/No Conflict
Facilities are not in conflict with the excavation site.
Code 2: Marked
Facilities have been marked according to the excavation location.
Code 3: Marked – Critical Facilities in Area
Critical Facilities are in the area of your excavation site.
Code 4: 48-Hour Delay
Member is requesting a 48 hour locate extension.
Code 5: Not Complete/In Progress
Facility Owner has spoken with the Excavator and has agreed to this message.
Code 9: Marked Up To Privately Owned Utility
Facility has been marked up to the privately owned property or utility.
Code 10: Incorrect Address Information
Address information provided is not correct, call the center to reschedule.
Code 11: Installation, Maps or Other Documentation Has Been Provided.
Maps or other documentation has been provided to the excavator.
Code 12: Locator Could Not Gain Access to Property.
Arrange with Locator/Utility Owner to provide access to excavation site.
Code 13: No Locate – Contractor Work Completed.
Contractor work was complete before the mark out was completed.
Code 14: No Locate – Locator/Utility Owner Requests Meeting with Excavator.
Rules for locators use of the status codes:
- If code 1 is selected, it will be locked out as the final selection. The locator cannot change or delete a code 1 response.
- If code 2 or code 3 is selected, the only code it can be changed to is a code 1.
- If code 4 is selected, it can only be updated to a code 1, code 2, code 3, code 5, code 9, code 10 or code 11.
- If code 5 is selected, it can only be updated to a code 1, code 2; or code 3. If a ticket is statused with a code 5 before the ticket is locked which is 10 business days following the day of the call (tickets taken outside of business hours advance as if the ticket was taken the following business morning) then an updated status of a code 1 or 2 will be allowed until the one hundred twentieth (120) calendar days from the original call date. Users will be permitted to change from a code 2 or code 3 to a code 1 but not visa-versa.
- If code 9 is selected, it will be locked out as the final selection. The locator cannot change or delete a code 9 response.
- If code 10 is selected, it will be locked out as the final selection. The locator cannot change or delete a code 10 response.
- If code 11 is selected, it will be locked out as the final selection. The locator cannot change or delete a code 11 response.
- If code 12 is selected, it can only be updated to a code 1, code 2 or code 3.
- If code 13 is selected, it will be locked out as the final selection. The locator cannot change or delete a code 13 response.
- If code 14 is selected, it can only be updated to a code 1, code 2, code 3 or code 5.
- If the ticket is not statused by the third business day following the date of the call at 7am, the locator will only be able to status with a code 1, code 2, code 3 or code 5.
Locator’s Status Comments:
Status Comments may be added to all Ticket Check response codes as follows:
- Upload with status via ftp and/or web, user ONLY; not the IVR
- One Status Comment permitted per status code. Only when a status code is inserted should any comments also be inserted. If a status fails to be inserted based on the Ticket Check rules, a comment for that status code should also fail.
- Status Comments are restricted to a maximum of 200 characters each.
- When the ticket is cancelled in the center, the ticket will be ‘frozen’ so that members cannot update the ticket statuses.
Status Information Delivery to Excavators:
Notification to the excavator is handled as follows:
- If there is a properly formatted email address for the excavator on the ticket then the system will attempt to deliver the status information via email.
- If an email address is not in the correct format or blank but there is a fax number for the excavator listed on the ticket, a fax will be sent. The system will attempt to transmit the automated fax. Should the attempt be unsuccessful, the system will attempt to deliver the fax as many as three times ten minutes apart.
- If neither an email nor fax number is on the ticket, the status information will not be delivered. It will be available via the toll free telephone number (877-811-7701) or on Search & Status®.Note that any “Status Comment” posted with a Ticket Check status will be transmitted via email or fax.
- Notification is sent when one of the following occurs:
- When the ticket goes ‘past due’ OR when all members provide a status to the ticket, whichever comes first.
- A subsequent email or fax will be transmitted if any of the members on the ticket change their status.
If the excavator does not receive an email or fax, they must call Ticket Check® at 877-811-7701 or visit www.managetickets.com to retrieve the status of the ticket/markout prior to starting an excavation.
Search & Status:
All New York tickets should appear on Search & Status. The statuses and any “Status Comment” posted should appear for all ticket headers.